December is the time of the year when everyone wants to break the monotony and travel to a new place. But most tourist places are so crowded in this season that even travel leads to no respite. If you are looking for a new experience this December, the second edition of orange festival should definitely be a high contender.
The Orange Festival Dambuk is all about four days of live music and adventure in a faraway land of Dambuk, Arunachal Pradesh.
Reaching Dambuk is an adventure itself. Located at Lower Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh, this place is accessible by road only during the winter season when the rivers get dry. During monsoon, Elephant across the rivers and Helicopters are the only means.
Dates : December 15-18, 2016
Attractions : Camping | Music | Elephant Rides | ATV Rides | Burma Bridge| White Water Rafting & much more!
How to Reach: Dambuk is 50 Kms (around 90 minutes drive) from Pasighat (off-road) and around 40 minutes drive from Roing. Vehicles with good ground clearance are recommended.
By Air: Nearest airport is Mohanbari in Dibrugarh. From there, one needs to ferry across the Brahmaputra river and drive towards Pasighat (100 km) and then Dambuk through the dry river beds. Another option is to land into Guwahati Airport as it has better connectivity with all the major cities of India. From Guwahati, drive to Pasighat via Lakhimpur and from there to Dambuk.
By Train: Guwahati to Mokokngselek by Intercity Train and take the special shuttle service (Arunachal State Transport Bus) to Dambuk at Rs. 250 per person per way. Otherwise, major railway station is Dibrugarh.
From Guwahati, the route is Guwahati-Lakhimpur-Pasighat-Dambuk (around 650 kms).
From Dibrugarh , Station – Port – Ferry to Pasighat – Drive to Dambuk.
From Tinsukia, the route is: Tinsukia-Doomdooma-Namsai-Roing-Dambuk. From Pasighat, Rs. 150 per person one way (Arunachal State Transport Bus) to Dambuk.
Where to Stay
The best way to enjoy the festival would be to camp around the festival site. To book your travel, stay and Event passes just holler our to Traveller’s Appetite. You could either ping us at 8826454643 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also drop in a comment here or on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/travellersappetite/
You can also buy your event passes at https://www.instamojo.com/orangefestival/
- The four-day entry pass to the festival is available online for INR 4000/-
- Accommodation in a campsite near the festival site for INR 1300/- per person per night. Tents will be with sleeping bags and mats and will accommodate 2 -3 people.
Important Information before you plan you travel
1. You will experience very poor phone network and internet connectivity here so don’t bring any work along and be prepared to be cut off from the rest of the world for these 4 days.
2. Roads are across the dry river beds and sometime you have to drive through knee-deep water or boat across the rivers so be prepared for some adventure filled ride up to Dambuk
3. Indian nationals require Inner Line Permits and foreign nationals require Protected Area Permits. These permits can be made at the Arunachal Govt. office in all cities. For more details check the below links:
If you want to take a printout/PDF version of this post to refer on your trip, you may request the same in the comments below. We will be glad to mail you the same in an attempt to make the planning process easier for you.
If you have already been here or to other similar places, share your experiences or engage in a conversation below. (Alternatively, here’s a link to the discussion on our facebook page)
Stay updated, Stay Inspired, Keep Travelling
If you haven’t subscribed to our posts already, get started now to receive latest updates regarding fresh travel itineraries, travel experiences, useful resources and much more.