Considering that you already know why Bali is one of the brilliant destinations, and have already compiled your travel itinerary basis our suggestions, here’s more of our #ProTips to supercharge your vacation:
Budget & Currency
- 6N / 7D Bali trip is likely to cost in range of Rs. 1.2 lacs to Rs. 1.8 lacs per couple depending upon your hotels and activity budget.
- Local currency is Indonesian Rupee (IDR). 1 INR is approx. equal to 200 IDR. However, it’s best to carry USD from India as it is easily convertible into IDR. I carried around 500 USD which was sufficient for my local cab trips, water sports & some shopping.
#ProTip: Exchange rates at airport are generally high. For best value, go to any other official currency exchange on your way from airport to hotel.
How to arrive
There are direct flights to Bali via Kuala Lumpur (KL) or Singapore depending upon the airline you choose. I took Malindo airlines from New Delhi which cost around 36k per person that time. Cheapest tickets are available from Chennai airport with tickets as low as 20k per person.
#ProTip: Do not book separate tickets for India to KL/SGP and KL/SGP to Bali unless you have a transit visa for these countries. Since Visa is waived for Indian Tourists in Bali, you won’t need one if you’re travelling by a direct flight (or via) to Bali
Where to stay
Here are the top 5 popular areas in Bali (quick recap!)
- Nusa Dua: Cleanest beach, known for water sports at Tanjun Benoa and luxury villas (Good for stay and a must visit)
- Ubud : Known for Foot hills, rice paddies & forest area (Good for stay and a must visit)
- Kuta: Busiest beach in Bali (remember Baga Beach in Goa?), known for surfing, shopping, night life and parties. (Must visit)
- Seminayak: Quieter beach-side resorts, just to the north of Kuta (Good for stay)
- Jimbaran: Sea-side resorts, a nice sheltered beach and seafood restaurants south of Kuta (Good for stay & visit)
In Bali, it is best to hire a cab for local travel. However you can also rent out a bike or scooter for short travel (in case you have an international license). You will find cab drivers waiting for passengers as you find Autos in India. Most convenient is to call up Blue Bird Taxi (+62 (0) 361 701 111) and they will send a driver to your location.
#ProTip: I found a professional & friendly guide who took me around Bali for a reasonable cost. His name is Yoga Antra (Whatsapp no. +62.878.6198.4833). You can read reviews about him on his facebook page here. He’s getting quite popular now, so do let him know in advance so that you can avail his services.
Typical costs per day for a SUV (six seater) is around 500,000 IDR = 2500 INR.
What apart from all this?
While this article covers most of it, there’s a lot more that you won’t get to know by reading on forums, travel experiences or established travel websites like TripAdvisor. If there are still such things on your mind, and you want them clarified, you may post your query in the comments below, or for a more prompt response, engage with me on my whatsapp (details in my intro below).
Loved our post?
Help us spread the word by sharing this on facebook or with your close friends on whatsapp. Your next vacation may just be a share away 🙂
Do not forget to stay tuned to our latest travel experiences by subscribing to our posts (No Spam Guaranteed)
Have you been to Bali as well? Share some pointers and/or photos which we may have missed out. We’ll love to feature them as well.
Have a Happy Vacation!